Friday, January 22, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! Just to let you know about what I did personally during the break. I took my first REAL Christmas vacation with travel, family, and no recruiting. I was in Colorado for 2 weeks and had a great time. It was time to come back to work on January 4th, and I was very much looking forward to it. I got a stomach bug on the 3rd that put me out of commission for two days. I found out that my 96 year old grandmother passed away on the 5th. Immediately, I went to Dallas and returned to Nashville on January 10th.

When I opened my e-mail on January 11th, I had not responded to e-mails since December 18th. It has been a whirlwind ever since. There were unofficial visits to coordinate, the spring practice schedule to set, and many other scheduling, recruiting, and academic issues to handle.

Speaking of academics, the team finished the fall with a 3.257 GPA. Seventy percent of the team had a 3.0 or higher. We had 7 players on the Dean's List and one on the President's List!

We picked up a few other post-season awards. Jayme Trocino was named to the NSCAA All-Region Third Team. She is one of only three players in the conference to make it. Jayme also made the NSCAA Scholar All-Region Second Team. She was the only A-Sun player to make the Second Team. Elizabeth Bublis and Annie Musacchio made NSCAA Scholar All-Region Honorable Mention. It is an honor to have players recognized at this level. They all 3 deserve it.

Our spring schedule is set, the fall 2010 schedule is set, and the fall 2011 schedule is set. The 2010 roster is set. Signing Day is next month.

Our basketball teams lost the first round of the Battle of the Blvd at Lipscomb on January 11th. Several of the girls went to the game even though school had yet to start. We host the 2nd round of the Battle of the Blvd. next Tuesday night. I am ready to witness us get our revenge! The women's soccer team will be introduced on the court at halftime to acknowledge our 2009 conference championship and First Team All-Conference players.

I am looking forward to getting back out on the field in small groups next week. I hope the weather cooperates. The team is conditioning and lifting weights with Josh, Nate, Kyle, and Renee. Everyone should be fit for our first practice Feb. 22nd and our first game March 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment